Climate Module Rubric
3 pts for use of git hub
- 0pts: no repo or a repo with no unique commits
- 1pts: evidence of at least one commit. read me not updated
- 2pts: evidence of semiregular commits, read me updated only partially - either missing name of team member or failing to update the read me from the template
- 3pts: evidence of multiple commits, read me updated to reflect the repos purpose, team member name and handle included
3 pts for Rmarkdown
- 0pts: no .md or plots commited. no changes evident on the Rmarkdown file or formatting in Rmarkdown incorrect (e.g. code outside code blocks, text inside code blocks, etc)
- 1pts: evidence of knitting, commiting, and pushing changes to Rmarkdown but knit to an html, pdf, doc, or other not .md output. OR knit only once and .md is totally out of sync with the .Rmd changes.
- 2pts: Synced .Rmd, .md committed, but not all plots committed and/or displaying properly. Markdown looks clean and nicely formatted OR .Rmd, .md, and plot files all committed but out of sync so newest changes and plots add to Rmd not displaying. Markdown looks otherwise clean and nicely formatted OR Synced .Rmd, .md, and all plots committed and displaying properly. Markdown has extreme errors or formatting issues that should have been caught by a cursory review before submission.
- 3pts: Synced .Rmd, .md, and plot files all committed, plots displaying properly. Markdown looks clean and nicely formatted
3 pts for travis
- 0pts: travis not initiated, travis badge not added to the readme, travis build not passing
- 1pts: travis initiated, correct badge not added to the readme, travis build not passing
- 2pts: travis initiated, badge correctly added to read me, travis build failing OR travis initiated, badge incorrectly added to read me, travis build passing
- 3pts: travis initiated, badge correctly added to read me, travis build passing
3 pts for tidyverse/ggplot
- 0pts no user submitted code
- 1pts provided some code attempting the exercises but was unable to successfully parse, manipulate and plot data as asked in the assignment
- 2pts successfully completed the exercises (parsing, manipulating and plotting data) but avoided or made minimal use of the tidyverse abstractions we are trying to teach
- 3pts demonstrated use of readr and ggplot commands to parse, manipulate, and plot tidy datatables
Please keep in mind this may be subject to change - especially from term to term - and represents only general categories that communicate the goals of the exercise and what we are looking for.